Employment Type: Part Time
A Float Teacher should possess qualities/abilities that enhance the classroom experience for the children as well as the Lead Teacher. Some of these qualities/abilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Through knowledge of Kiddi Kollege Personnel Policy, Philosophy, Program Goals, Code of Conduct, Discipline Policy, State of Kansas Abuse Reporting and Dress Code Policy is required.
- Helps set up learning centers in preparation for the daily activities according to the lesson plans.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and housekeeping duties of the classroom, bathrooms, common use areas and playground.
- Assists with meals, naptime, tooth brushing and bathroom routines.
- Offers every child appropriate physical affection, verbal praise and acceptance. Happy children reflect the Float Teachers overall contribution to the classroom.
- Displays a sense of humor, common sense and emotional maturity when dealing with children, staff and parents consistently daily.
- Keeps their personal items locked up, including cell phone.
- Attends all staff meetings, workshops, in-service in order to learn and grow in their position.
- Must adhere to Kiddi Kollege code of Conduct and Dress Code.
- The Float teacher position may be regarded as a training position for aa Assistant Teacher Position when qualified. And possessing the skills necessary to be promoted.
- Assists in keeping supplies stocked in bathrooms and classrooms when necessary.
- Does lunchbreaks for staff in classrooms.
- Assists wherever needed in the building.
Kiddi Kollege takes pride in all our teaching staff. It takes all of us to provide the best possible program for our children and their families.